Businesses all over the world are always on the lookout for innovative solutions that can help them bring down costs. They look at using technologies, re-jigging their supply chains, and improving employee efficiency to become a better business organization.
In the last few years, a pioneering new technology has become a critical way for businesses to-
- Lower their operations costs
- Adopt newer technological solutions
- Create the foundations of a Greener Company
- Educate employees about the need for sustenance
Solar energy has helped many businesses and commercial premises avail of the above-mentioned benefits. In this article, we point out five things to keep in mind during solar panel installation at your commercial premises.
List of 5 Things to keep in mind during Solar Panel Installation at your Commercial Premises
- Experience of the Company Installing the Solar Panels-
The first and most important thing you need to consider is the level of experience of the company installing the solar panels. You also need to ensure that the company is certified by the local authorities. Checking for experience matters as solar technology and its related fields- panels, energy storage, etc. are complicated mechanisms that need expert installation.
- Checking for Tax Breaks and Benefits from Local Government Authorities-
In different parts of the world, governments are incentivizing businesses that are turning green. There are various policies and proposals in place that can help you get a substantial tax break on your business operations. You can always check with the government authorities and create the requisite paperwork to file for tax benefits in your city and state.
- The Quality of the Panels and the kind of Warranty it offers-
When opting for a panel, it is important to take into consideration the kind of panels you are going for. There are multiple variants that are available in the market today. Depending on your budget you can choose from the very expensive to the affordable. However, bear in mind that going for the cheapest option available is not such a good idea.
- Check for the Location of the Region where your Office is-
If you are located in a region that receives uninterrupted sunlight for multiple months in a year, then solar energy is a great option for your business. However, if you just see sunlight and warm temperatures for two or three months in a year, you might have to rethink your decision of installing solar panels. Geography matters a lot when installing solar energy solutions.
- Pay attention to the Mounting System for the Panels-
If your office is located in a region that sees a lot of hurricanes and storms, you might want to pay attention to the mounting system for the panels. You do not want the solar panels to come undone every time there is a storm or strong winds. Good mounting systems hold the panels in place and prevent them from getting uprooted during rough weather conditions.
Advantages of Installing Solar Panels for Commercial Premises
In this section, we are going to list down some key advantages of installing solar panels on commercial premises-
- The first and most obvious advantage is lower energy costs. While the one-time investment cost might seem a bit on the higher side, opting for solar helps bring down long-term costs considerably. For businesses, it means lower operating costs.
- Being a Green Business and doing your bit for the environment can help in positive marketing for the company. Everyone, from vendors to your end-customers wants to be associated with businesses that are clean and eco-friendly.
- In terms of maintenance costs, servicing charges, and other additional expenditures, solar energy is much more cost-effective than traditional models. This means that here too, you will be saving heavily on your energy costs and requirements.
- Commercial premises that have installed solar energy solutions have a higher market value than other properties that do not have them. As a business, you would want the valuation of your property to be on the higher side and solar energy solutions help.
- Every business wants to be at the forefront of adopting newer technological models. This is where solar energy and its adoption can play a major role in giving the impression of your business as a tech-savvy one. This can boost publicity and marketing.
In the last few years, solar panels, energy solutions, and appliances are gaining traction. In fact, in developed countries, this trend has now become much more mainstream. As awareness on issues of Global Warming and Climate Change grows, consumers would want to be associated and buy from companies that are responsible and believe in sustainable solutions.